Fast food is for sure our favorite in America. Even new menu items, we'll eat it up all of the time. But what is the best food of 2023
The folks at The Takeout say these are the best fast food releases of 2023
- KFC Nuggets - Back in March, KFC ditched their Popcorn Chicken and added the bigger, hand-breaded nuggets. According to The Takeout, they’re so flavorful, you barely even need sauce.
- Dunkin’ Chorizo & Egg Wrap - They added two new “Wrapped and Ready To Go” breakfast wraps over the summer, but the Chorizo and Egg option with its mildly spicy sauce and lots of protein was superior.
- McDonald’s Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Quarter Pounder - This limited-time burger came out in July and The Takeout claims it’s combo of “smoky bacon, zingy pickled jalapeños, and cheese in two forms (slices and sauce) came together to form a perfectly indulgent balance of fat and acid.”
- Panda Express Blazing Bourbon Chicken - This chain teamed up with Hot Ones for this Cajun-inspired dish that features breaded chicken & veggies tossed in a mix of soy sauce, honey, garlic, hot sauce and a dash of bourbon.
- Shake Shack White Truffle ‘Shroom Burger - A unique limited-time item that launched in February, this sandwich was a fried portobello cap stuffed with muenster and cheddar, topped with real white truffle sauce and shredded lettuce on a toasted potato bun.
- Burger King Spicy BK Royal Crispy Wrap - The review team loved this wrap for its “Nashville hot chicken vibe.”
- Wendy’s Ghost Pepper Fries - Released in May, these fries were coated with a spicy sauce, but somehow remained crispy and the flavor started slightly sweet, then the heat creeped in, but in the best way.
- Chipotle Fajita Quesadilla - It started as a TikTok hack turned into a new menu favorite.
- Also making this list of the best fast food items of 2023 are Panda Express Chili Crisp Shrimp, Starbucks Pistachio Cream Cold Brew, Taco Bell Lava Sauce, Smashburger S’mac & Cheese Burger and Wendy’s Pumpkin Spice Frosty.
Source: The Takeout