Photo: Getty Images
You hate being lied to, and you want to call the liar out. But if you confront them and you're wrong about it it's not a good deal. So how do you know if they're actually lying or not?
There’s no 100% way to know without having a conversation with them, but there are some phrases that liars typically use. If they’ve used any - or multiple - of these phrases on you, they very likely are lying.
- “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
- “As far as I can remember.”
- “You’re remembering it wrong.”
- “You’re making this up.”
- “What do you mean?”
- “That doesn’t sound like me.”
- “I can’t remember doing that.”
- “Are you calling me a liar?”