Photo: Getty Images
Keep this in mind when an ex reaches out. Most of the time, texting your ex leads to more harm than good. I had an ex that reached out to tell me how sad she was her dog died. I chose not to respond and it was the best decision I've made. Remember that! So it's usually not a good idea to text back, and here's why.
If you need even more of a reminder not to text your ex, here are ten more. Pro tip: Add these to your notes tab on your phone, so when you get that urge, you can pull it up and read it to yourself.
- The relationship was a bad relationship.
- They don’t deserve that moment of smug satisfaction.
- That day when you realize you’re totally over them is AMAZING – let it happen.
- Seeking closure is just a form of torture.
- Texting them immediately diminishes your hotness.
- Reaching out to them says they’re the best you can do.
- You’ll feel like crap if they ignore you.
- You’ve already said enough to them anyway.
- There are plenty of other things you can do with your loneliness.
- You’re better than this.