Photo: Getty Images
People get fired for all kinds of reasons, mine was a "Change in direction" and it didn't include me. I hate that, and most reasons you get fired is a pretty crazy story. Redditor u/JavaMamma0002 asked fellow Redditors “Why did you get fired?” and people didn’t hold back from sharing some of the messiest, dumbest, and wildest reasons they got sacked.
- "I went to the emergency room instead of work. Came back with an ER note, and they said, 'We won’t be needing that. Can you come with us?' I was 18, and it was my first full-time job."
- "I got fired for submitting my timesheets on Monday at 8 a.m. when I got to work. By policy, they were to be in by noon on Saturday, but my Fridays ended in the field, so I just did them on Monday mornings. My bosses didn't even look at them until noon on Tuesday, so it had zero impact on them. I drove home from being fired, feeling relieved because of how unhappy I was at that job."
- "I came down with bronchitis. My doctor provided a doctor's note and told me to return Monday. They terminated me Friday."
- "A business I went to long ago was hiring, and I got the job. Right after I signed all the paperwork, the department manager comes in and asks who I am. I tell him I was just hired as a temp. The manager says he never authorized any hiring and fired both me and my boss on the spot. I did not work for this company at all, and they fired me."
- "His wife thought he was having an affair with the office manager. He asked me if I thought it was possible that he was having an affair with the office manager. I said, 'It’s possible, but I don’t think you are. I could see why your wife might think so, too.' I was 21 and naïve as h*ll. Never should have said anything."
Do you have a crazy reason you've lost your job?