Photo: Getty Images
You've been with someon for a while, and a dry spell is normal. That can be the beginning of the end for some couples, but sometimes, people find something that really turns things around and makes them remember how good sex can be.
So what are some small changes to improve your sex life??
- "The biggest thing for my partner and I is communication. Being open and honest before, during, and after is essential. Being vocal while in the moment can be very intimate and put less pressure on either one of us."
- "Sleeping naked and just being naked together in general."
- "Doing it during the day. We're in our 40s and have two school-age kids. By the end of the day, we're exhausted. We tried to keep a 'day date' weekly, and after, we'd go to lunch."
- "The act of sex shouldn't be about just the orgasm. Take your time, enjoy the touches, role play, get some sexy dice, or a card game. It should be a time of intimacy, not a race to get to the finish for an orgasm. If both people are consenting and having fun, that's what it should be all about."
- "Gentle dirty talk. I was never a big fan of dirty talk until I met my husband. It just felt awkward, but he started implementing a sweetness mixed in with the dirty, and it really does give me all the feelings in the best way."
- "Going slooooowww."
- "Being open to toys … It keeps things fun and exciting!"
- "Turning on the lights. Forced us to be more comfortable in front of each other physically, and as a result opened up communication on what we each like/don't like."
- "Deciding to have a threesome. We are both perfectly content with each other, but it works for us, and as long as we have the boundaries in place, we'll continue to enjoy them."
- And finally, "Breaking up."