Photo: Getty Images
So you're ready, at least that's what you tell yourself, for a serious reationship? Besides knowing yourself, and knowing who you want to be with. Here are 5 things you should do before you get too serious.
- Take the time to reflect on your own needs and values. Make sure you know both what you need and want in a partner. Know what relationship deal-breakers you have and what your top priorities are.
- Communicate openly with your potential partner. Talk about your expectations for the relationships and make sure you’re on the same page.
- Get to know each other on a deeper level. Ask questions about their past and ask about their goals for the future. Have convos about your values and beliefs to see if they’re similar, too.
- Spend time together in a variety of settings. Go on romantic dates, go on a group outing with friends, and do shared activities together so you can see your partner in an array of different situations.
- Take things slow and don’t rush into anything. Really know your partner first before taking things seriously and make sure you both are ready for a serious relationship.
Source: Loop Jamaica