Photo: Getty Images
There are a ton of hassls associate with travel, and that's not stopping a lot of Americans from getting out and it sounds like they might actually do so
A new survey finds:
- 80% of Americans say they are in need of a vacation more than ever in 2023.
- Although plenty of people have been traveling in 2022 to make up for missed experiences due to the pandemic.
- In fact, 66% of Americans say they are looking to “revenge travel,” meaning travel even more to make up for lost time.
- They are also doing 55% of “once-in-a-lifetime” adventure during their travels this year.
- That included:
- Seeing something or someone that won’t be there in 10 years (22%)
- Using a travel agent to relieve stress (21%)
- Traveling to where their family is from (21%)
- Taking a longer trip than they would normally take (20%)
- Saw something they've always wanted to (20%)
- Got engaged while traveling or went on honeymoon (20%)
- And it sure sounds like travel did people a lot of good.
- 77% say their recent travels had them feeling more like themselves.
- 80% say it was good for their soul and well-being.
- And while many experienced some issues on their trip, like Covid restrictions forcing them to reschedule (37%), lost luggage (35%) or delayed and canceled flights (31%), it sounds like that won’t deter many from doing it again.
- 84% of those who had issues say the trip was still worth it.
- Another 85% say they’d happily do it again.
Source: SWNS Digital