Photo: Getty Images
A lot of us have decided to start off 2022 clean and sober with Dry January. You know, that promise you make to yourself to stay off of booze for a whole 31 days. But lets be real, it's really hard to even make a week. So there is a new report out that shows when most people give up on Dry January and go back to their cocktails and why.
A UK study, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 50% of adults give up Dry January by the second week in the month.
- More specifically, they partake in their first drink of the month on January 16th.
- 21% admitted that they were not likely to make it the entire month without a drink.
- 30% said they’d be happy if they make it alcohol free for two weeks.
As for why most people fail to complete the booze-free month:
- 31% missed the taste of booze.
- 29% admit thy struggle on social occasions.
- 28% say a bad day at the office would tempt them to drink.
- 27% say going out for food would be hard without the option for alcohol.
As for why they attempted it in the first place:
- 43% did it to improve their health.
- 36% were hoping it would help them lose weight.